Tea egg is a fragrant and flavorful Chinese savory snack commonly sold by street vendors and in night markets. Eggs are a very good source of high-quality protein; tea is rich in antioxidants; and American ginseng is good for balancing the “yin and yang” of your body.
- Prince of Peace American Ginseng Teabags - 4
- Prince of Peace Organic Pu Erh Tea Bags - 6
- Chicken eggs - 10
- Star Anises - 2
- Coarse Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Dark Soy Sauce - 2 tablespoons
- Put the eggs into the pot then pour in water, cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Then take out the eggs and soak them in cold water. Crack the eggs gently, allowing dense cracks to appear on the eggshells.
- Place the eggs into the pot, then pour in the water at up to two inches above the eggs, add in American ginseng tea bags, Pu Erh tea bags, and other seasonings.
- Upon boiling, turn it back to low heat for two hours, then turn off the heat. For every half-an-hour let it come to a full boil, do so three times.
- Finally, let the tea eggs steep for three hours. For better results, let it come to a boil before enjoying it.
“The video below contains no dialogue. Music only. Instructions explained above.“