When you’re craving a meal that’s hot and savory with a hint of sweet, bulgogi is a dish that will hit all those marks with a vengeance! It’s a Korean-style dish typically composed of thin beef or pork slices that are first marinated in a mouthwatering combination and then cooked quickly for a steaming hot meal. Serve it with a side of rice and kimchi for a surefire hit!
- Top sirloin, thinly sliced - 1.5 lbs
- Soy sauce - 1/3 cup
- White sugar - 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar - 2 tbsp
- Gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste) - 1 tbsp
- Korean pear, peeled and thinly sliced - 1/4 count
- Cloves garlic, minced
- Prince of Peace Ginger Honey Crystals - 1 sachet
- Ground black pepper - 1/8 tsp
- Yellow onion, thinly sliced - 1/2 count
- Green onion, sliced - 2 stalks
- Carrot, peeled and thinly sliced - 1/2 count
- Sesame oil - 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil - 1 tsp
- Green onion, sliced - 2 tbsp
- Prince of Peace Ginger Honey Crystals - 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
Combine the soy sauce, white and brown sugars, gochujang, Korean pear, garlic, Prince of Peace ginger honey crystals, pepper, yellow onion, green onion, carrot, and sesame oil into a bowl. Mix everything together to incorporate all together.
Add the beef into the bowl and gently work the marinade into the meat.
Cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate it for 4 hours.
Set the skillet on medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil and spread it around the pan.
Once the skillet is hot, add the meat and cook for 3-5 minutes. Cook the meat in batches until everything is cooked through.
(Optional) Garnish the top of the meat with green onion slices and Prince of Peace ginger honey crystals. Enjoy!