You may have heard that chicken soup is good for the soul, but did you know you can spice it up with great ingredients to taste great and feel amazing? This American ginseng chicken soup offers a unique twist on the classic chicken soup while also providing many nutritional benefits. If you have a sensitive stomach or feel like you need an energy boost, this comforting soup is sure to help!
- A fresh chicken - about 900g
- Prince of Peace American Ginseng Slices - 30g
- Ginger with skin - 4 to 5 slices
- Dried snow fungus - 25g
- Sea salt - a pinch
- Water - about 2,800ml
- Soak the snow fungus in hot water for 30 minutes, then remove the yellow base with a pair of scissors and divide the fungus into small bundles.
- Wash and slice the ginger. No need to peel the skin.
- Cut a fresh chicken along the joints to separate the chicken into a few big chunks with a pair of kitchen scissors. Then tear off the skin and remove the fat on the carcass.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and put all the chicken pieces in.
- Put Prince of Peace American Ginseng Slices, chicken, sliced ginger into a pot and add water.
- Bring the soup to a boil, turn it down to medium-high heat, and cook for 45 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and cook for another 30 minutes when the soup becomes cloudy.
- Add the soaked snow fungus in the soup and cook for another 30-45 minutes. Season the soup with a pinch of sea salt.