Everyone’s tried the classic chicken noodle soup, but have you tried jazzing it up with new flavors and ingredients to add a culinary kick? Take your recipe to the next level with playful additions of luxurious cream, succulent shrimp, and the refreshing hit of ginger. It’s indulgent, hits the spot, and tastes oh-so-delicious!
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 5 slices Prince of Peace American Ginseng Slices
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 100g uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 12 cooked shrimp or other protein of choice
- Optional: Thyme
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan over medium high heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Stir for 6-8 minutes to soften the vegetables.
- Add the salt and all-purpose flour to the pan, mixing until incorporated.
- Pour in the chicken stock and heavy cream.
- When bubbles form around the rim of the pan, add Prince of Peace American Ginseng Slices and egg noodles.
- Boil for 8 minutes until noodles are cooked and the ginseng flavor infuses into the broth.
- Add frozen peas and your cooked shrimp/protein. Keep the heat on until they are heated through, about one to two minutes.
- Garnish the soup with thyme if you desire.