Throw together a delectable delight for guests (and yourself!) with this exciting twist on the classic egg tart! Infuse the flavors of Thai tea to add color and flavors that are unexpected but pair beautifully with the creaminess of the egg tart's custard. Enjoy these fresh from the oven with a cold cup of milk!
- 1 sachet Prince of Peace® Instant Thai Tea
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tablespoon cake flour
- 1/2 tablespoon condensed milk
- 12 frozen egg tart shell
- Mix 1 sachet of Prince of Peace® Instant Thai Tea with hot water. Once everything is dissolved, cool the tea to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, add the rest of all ingredients in a bowl (besides the tart shells) and mix until smooth.
- Slowly pour the Thai tea into the large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Strain the contents of the bowl through a fine-mesh sieve twice to remove lumps. Then, pour the custard mixture into a container with a spout.
- Place the pastry shells on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Pour 1½ tablespoons of the filling into each pastry shell.
- Bake until the shells are golden brown and crisp, about 20-25 minutes.
- Let the tarts cool on wire racks for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy these delicious Thai tea egg tarts!
“The video below contains no dialogue. Music only. Instructions explained above.“