A dish that will transport you to somewhere new and exciting, this steamed chicken with American ginseng rice is something quite special. The stunning presentation of the lotus leaves wrapped in the steamer draws you in, and the unique flavors of various sauces, spices, dates, and ginseng add bursts of new flavors with every bite! Hearty and filling, this steamed chicken dish will make a statement at any meal or gathering. Enjoy!
- 10g of Prince of Peace American Ginseng Slices
- Half of a fresh chicken
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp golden granulated sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 40~50g dried red dates
- 20g Prince of Peace Organic Goji Berries
- 8g dried black fungus
- 2 sheets of dried lotus leaves
- Some shredded ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 300g Thai glutinous rice
- 150ml American ginseng water
- 50ml organic chicken broth
- Rinse the glutinous rice grains, and soak them in water for 30 minutes.
- Give the red dates a rinse, soak them in water for 30 minutes, and then cut them open to remove the pits.
- Put the Prince of Peace American Ginseng Slices and pitted red dates into a bowl and add in 150 ml of boiling water. Let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Remove the soaked Prince of Peace American Ginseng Slices and red dates from the bowl, and keep the water for later use.
- Drain the water from the glutinous rice, and put in a rice cooker. Add 50 ml of organic chicken broth along with the water that soaked the ginseng and red dates. Cook the rice as usual.
- Boil the lotus leaves in a big pot of hot water for 5 minutes. The dried lotus leaves should become soft and fragrant.
- Soak the black fungus in hot water for 30 minutes. Remove the woody base, and wash them for later use.
- Briefly rinse the Prince of Peace Organic Goji Berries, and set them aside.
- Wash the fresh chicken, and then dry it with paper towels. Cut it into large pieces.
- Marinate the chicken for 15 minutes in a mixture of oyster sauce, soy sauce, golden granulated sugar, sea salt, Shaoxing wine, cornstarch, olive oil and shredded ginger.
- Place a lotus leaf into the bamboo steamer, and fold it in the center. Then, fold the other lotus leaf in the center, placing it on top in the opposite direction. Press the lotus leaves along the side of the steamer with your hands.
- Spread the cooked rice evenly onto the lotus leaves.
- Mix Prince of Peace American Ginseng Slices, red dates, black fungus, and Prince of Peace Organic Goji Berries with the marinated chicken and spread evenly over the rice.
- Wrap lotus leaves in towards the center, and cover the steamer. Place the steamer above cold water and steam for 25 minutes over high heat.